This quick and easy air fryer chicken sausage and veggies recipe is the perfect lazy day meal you can have on the table in minutes. It is loaded with protein and colorful vegetables and you can make it in 10 minutes! Enjoy it as a healthy dinner or lunch any day of the week!
We always have veggies and chicken sausage on hand for days when I am too tired to cook. This air fryer chicken sausage and veggies is the go-to quick meal that I make at least once a week. It’s a good amount of food that you can also enjoy for lunch or dinner the next day.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer yet, you can make this sheet pan sausage and veggies. Which is similar to this recipe and so good!
My other go-to easy meals are this air fryer roasted chicken and vegetable recipe or air fryer chicken and potatoes that I make for my meal prep all the time.
Add a drizzle of some romesco sauce or homemade pesto sauce on top to make it look a little fancy and extra delicious. You can also pair it with some fluffy cauliflower rice for a hearty protein + veggie-packed meal.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer chicken sausage and veggies
- Bell peppers – I used a combination of red and orange for color but any combination will work.
- Zucchini – My favorite go-to veggie. I used about 1 medium zucchini. You could also use yellow squash.
- Red onion – You could also use yellow or white onion in this recipe.
- Chicken sausage – I used robust Italian chicken sausage that is nitrate and sugar-free. I found that the precooked sausage worked best in this recipe.
- Avocado oil – you could also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Spices – I used a combination of garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper but you can use any blend you like.
How to make chicken sausage in the air fryer with veggies
- Chop the veggies, drizzle them with avocado oil, mix up the spices and coat the veggies in the spices.
- Slice the sausage into ¾-inch rounds and add it to the veggies and toss everything together.
- Cook the chicken sausage and veggies in the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 10 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
To make this recipe ahead you can chop and season the veggies and sausage and keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. When you are ready to cook it, just give it a stir and pop it into the air fryer as directed in the recipe.Print
10 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Sausage and Veggies
This quick and easy air fryer chicken sausage and veggies recipe is the perfect lazy day meal you can have on the table in minutes. It is loaded with protein and colorful vegetables and you can make it in 10 minutes! Enjoy it as a healthy lunch or dinner any day of the week! Gluten free, paleo, whole30.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large red bell pepper – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion – peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 package chicken sausage (12 oz) – I used a robust Italian flavor
- Chop the veggies and add them to a large bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss to coat them all. In a smaller bowl, mix the spices together with the salt and pepper and add the spice blend to the veggies. Toss them in the spices to get them all nice and coated.
- Slice the sausage into ¾ inch rounds and add it to the bowl with the veggies and toss everything together.
- Preheat the air fryer, if needed to 390 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add the veggies and sausage to the air fryer basket in an even layer and close and cook them for 10 minutes, flipping them in the basket halfway through the cooking time. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Once the chicken sausage and veggies are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and serve as is or with cooked cauliflower rice or brown rice.
- Buy good quality chicken sausage. You can also use kielbasa’s.
- Chop the veggies into even sizes (1-inch pieces) so they cook evenly.
- Toss everything in the air fryer basket at least once during the cooking time to ensure it all gets nice and golden and crispy.
- You can store this chicken sausage and veggies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a few minutes.