Cook up these air fryer brats for a quick meal or appetizer!
Easy Air Fryer Bratwursts
- Two steps and 15 minutes for hot and juicy brats from the Ninja Air Fryer? Yes, please!
- Cooking brats has never been easier than popping them in the air fryer!
- Make extra and use them in recipes all week long!
- This recipe is perfect for indoor grilling on a rainy day or if a handful of hungry teens are over for movie night! Add some air fryer curly fries and potato chips to get the party started!
Ingredients and Variations
Bratwurst – There are a variety of Johnsonville brats from cheddar cheese to beer brats, just be sure to check if they are raw, pre-cooked, or fully cooked and adjust cook times as necessary. Frozen brats will need more cook time. Try German sausage, chicken sausage, or beef in this recipe!
Toppings – Use your favorite simple condiments like ketchup, mustard, and relish. Sauerkraut, grilled onions, stone ground mustard, horseradish, or pickled jalapenos will uplevel your brats flavor!
Rolls – Sturdy rolls only, for brats! These thick and hearty dogs need a dense roll, especially if they’ll be smothered in toppings. We like hoagie rolls, pretzel rolls, or ciabatta buns. Skip the rolls for an easy low carb and keto dinner.
How to Make Brats in the Air Fryer
- Add uncooked brats in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook another 7-8 minutes until cooked through. Serve hot.
Air Fryer Brats
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst
- 5 hoagie rolls optional
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip the brats over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve in rolls with desired toppings.
Keep brats warm in a dish covered with foil in the oven until ready to serve. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.