1 1/2 pounds Chuck Beef Roast
Salt and Pepper
2 tablespoons Butter
1 small Onion
8 ounces Sliced Mushrooms
2 cloves of Garlic, crushed or minced
3 tablespoons Dry Sherry
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
4 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
1/4 teaspoon Tarragon
Serve with Egg Noodles
- Start by slicing the onion and shallot, and then set aside.
- Thinly slice the beef into pieces about 1/4 inch thick and 2 x 1 inches in size. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Then melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown both sides of the beef, this will take about 1 minute per side. Cook the beef in 2-3 batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Pour the cooked beef into the crock pot.
- Use the same skillet to melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Season with a dusting of salt and pepper, and let cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Then add the shallot and sherry and simmer for 3 minutes. Then pour everything into the crockpot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve with egg noodles.