The trick to making the best frozen salmon in the air fryer is brushing the fillets with my secret blend of flavors. Once you try this flaky, delicious fish, you’ll be hooked!
Do you ever find yourself in need of a nice meal that comes together fast? Maybe you made last-minute plans to host friends or family for dinner? My friend, just throw some frozen salmon in the air fryer and you’ll be good to go!
The air fryer is perfect for making tender, flaky fish in no time. And the flavor you get from brushing each fillet with my secret blend of oil, lemon juice, Dijon, and spices is absolutely out of this world.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to cook the best air fryer frozen salmon fillet
- How to know when salmon is done
- The difference between cooking air fryer frozen salmon with skin or no skin
- What to serve with salmon
Salmon is packed with heart-healthy fats and is naturally low in carbs. It’s even great for keto! And as long as you have a few frozen fillets in your freezer, you’re only about 20 minutes away from a nutritious, delicious meal that’s sure to impress family, guests, or even you!
How to Cook Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne. Brush the mixture on the top and bottom of each fillet.
STEP THREE: Place the seasoned frozen salmon in a single layer inside and cook for 12 to 18 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Alternatively, you can put the salmon straight in the air fryer for 6 minutes to defrost it. From there, follow the directions in step two, then cook the salmon for another 6 to 12 minutes until cooked through.Print
Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
For flaky, tender, and crispy fish, try making frozen salmon in the air fryer! A special seasoning blend makes this dish sing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Cuisine: American
- 2 6-oz frozen skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛–¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne. Brush the mixture on the top of each fillet.*
- Place the frozen fillets in a single layer inside and cook for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on thickness, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
*Alternatively, you can cook the salmon without the seasoning for 6 minutes, then brush it onto the defrosted fillets and continue to cook for 6-12 minutes until cooked through.