Y’all, these Hot Honey Butter Chicken Wings are cooked to perfection in the air fryer before being tossed in what truly might be the BEST sweet and spicy sauce, EVER! This easy recipe takes just 20 minutes and you’ll get the crispiest, juiciest, flavor packed wings every time.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 lbs chicken wings, split into flats and drummettes
Hot Honey Butter:
1 stick (1/2 cup) Challenge Unsalted Butter, melted
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup honey
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
1. In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wings and toss to coat fully. (You can also do this in a ziplock bag.)
2. Heat air fryer to 400°F. Arrange wings in an even layer of air fryer basket. Cook for 12 minutes.
3. While wings are cooking, make hot honey butter sauce. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Challenge Butter, hot sauce, honey and salt. Taste and add more salt if desired.
4. Once wings have cooked for 12 minutes, open air fryer and generously brush on the hot honey sauce sauce on both sides of the chicken wings. Then cook for 4 more minutes, or until wings are cooked through.
5. Serve immediately with any extra sauce on the side for dipping!