This Keto Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks Recipe makes a super crispy chicken just like fried chicken. Low carb and a crispy fried chicken crust . . . dreams do come true!
Power Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks Recipe – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
So let me just prepare you all, these Air Fryer Chicken Legs are life changing! I don’t make these type of claims for just any recipe.
These chicken drumsticks are crispy, salty and flavorful on the outside. The insides are juicy and tender. All thanks to our handy-dandy air fryers.
How Do You Cook Drumsticks In An Air Fryer
For standard sized drumsticks it takes 25 minutes at 400ºF. You want to cook the chicken until it reaches 165ºF internal temp. Just toss once during the air frying process.
If breading your drumsticks, do so before air frying. If you are making saucy legs, toss with the sauce towards the end.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Legs In An Air Fryer
Chicken drumsticks cook incredibly fast in the air fryer. Approximately 25 minutes at 400ºF will get you perfectly cooked legs. This times varies slightly depending on the size of the drumsticks.
- 1.5 Lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Ultra-Fine Grated Parmesan Cheese*
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Coat chicken legs with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine almond flour and parmesan.
- Oil or spray air fryer basket with nonstick.
- Coat chicken legs with flour/cheese mixture then transfer to air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Flip chicken legs half way through cooking time.
*I pulse shredded parmesan cheese in my blender to get a super fine powdered parmesan.