Working late hours doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy a wholesome meal at home. With an air fryer, even a steak is possible!
So, today we are making Carne Asada. Oh, don’t look so shocked! It is easier than it looks and not as complicated as it sounds.
Let’s get started…
What is Carne Asada?
Carne Asada initially is a Mexican recipe. Carne means meat, and Asada means broil, grill, or roast. Thus, Carne Asada means roasted, grilled, broiled, or in our case, air-fried meat.
Making Carne Asada varies throughout the different regions. It depends on how you marinade it or which ingredients you use.
For an air fryer Carne Asada, I suggest you follow this recipe.
Why Do We recommend You to Try Our Carne Asada Recipe?
Let me list down a few reasons:
- First of all, this recipe is perfect because it is easy to make. Make the mixture, marinate the steak, air fry, and serve with mashed potatoes or vegetables.
- It is a time-saving recipe. This Carne Asada recipe takes less than 30 minutes to get ready in an air fryer, excluding the time to marinate the steak.
- It’s a healthy meal as it has only one carb per serving.
- Most importantly, it tastes just like your delectable Chipotle Carne Asada meat.
Best Cut for Carne Asada
Beef skirt steak or flank steak are the best cuts for our favorite Carne Asada. Skirt steak is my family’s favorite as it is more tender and flavorful than flank steak and can be cooked to perfection without becoming tough and chewy.Print
Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- ¼ cup olive oil In this recipe, you can use orange juice to tenderize the meat and add a citrus taste.
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice To help tenderize your steak, marinate it for at least 30 minutes.
- ½ tbsp brown sugar Allow at least 10minutes for the steak to rest so that all of the flavorful juices don’t end up on your cutting board.
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano or a more delicate bite, cut the meat AGAINST the grain.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound skirt steak
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
In a small-sized bowl, add oil, lime juice, brown sugar, oregano and spices and whisk until well combined.
Cut the steak in two equal-sized pieces.
Season each steak piece with salt and black pepper generously.
Then rub each steak piece with oil mixture evenly.
Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
After preheating, arrange the steak pieces into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5-6 minutes.
While cooking, flip the steak once after 3 minutes.
After cooking time is finished, remove the steak pieces from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board.
With apiece of oil, cover the steak pieces for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Cut each steak piece into desired-sized slices and serve.