Are you looking for the recipe for air fryer hash browns? Or looking for how to make hash browns from scratch in air fryer? Then here is what you’re searching for. You can follow these directions to make hash browns in the air fryer.
This is an easy air fryer hash browns recipe for today. I hope you’ll enjoy making it and love eating too. Air fryer hash browns and eggs are the best combination to have for breakfast. I’m sure you and your family will love this quick and delicious recipe. If you love making easy potato recipes, I’ve got a collection of the air fryer potatoes recipe be sure to check them out.
With saying that let’s start with the recipe for air fryer hash browns.
How to make hash brown patties in the air fryer?
Making hash brown patties in the air fryer is easy, for that you need to follow these steps.
- Preheat your air fryer at 200C/400F degrees.
- Put the hash brown patties into the air fryer basket in one single layer.
- Cook them for 8-10 minutes and flip over halfway through the cooking process.
- Finally, serve your hot and crispy frozen hash browns with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: Frozen hash brown patties contain oil in them so, you can make this without any oil. To make your frozen hash brown patties crispier cook them 3-5 minutes extra.
How to make hash browns from scratch in air fryer?
Making hash browns from scratch in the air fryer is easy and simple. You just need 3 ingredients which are potatoes, salt, and olive/vegetable oil.
You can simply walk into the kitchen and start making hash browns. Here are the steps you can follow while making hash browns.
- Scrub the potatoes well, and peel the covers off or you can leave the potatoes cover on.
- Shred your potatoes using a shredder on a plate. Be careful don’t peel your fingers.
- Put the shredded potatoes in cold water, stir them, let them sit for about 15-20 minutes, and rinse. Rinse it 3-4 times to get rid of the potato starch. (Don’t skip this process because this will give you crispy air fryer hash browns)
- Squeeze out the water/moisture as much as possible. And lay them down on a paper towel or clean dish towel.
- After that put your dry shredded potatoes into a mixing bowl. Add the seasoning, salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. You can also add some more seasoning if you want.
- Spread the potato shreds into an even layer in the air fryer basket to get them evenly cooked. Or you can form them into patties like me. And cook at 200C/400F for 15-20 minutes.
- After the hash browns are nice and crispy cut into slices and enjoy your best air fryer hash browns with your favorite dipping sauce.
Can you air fry frozen hash browns?
Absolutely, you can air fry frozen hash browns. Actually, it’s faster than cooking fresh potatoes hash browns. You don’t need to go through all the preparation processes which saves a lot of time.
The air fryer frozen hash browns are cooked in lesser time and are crispier than the fresh potatoes hash browns.
How long do I cook frozen hash browns?
You can cook frozen hash browns in 8-10 minutes at 400F degrees. And if you want crispy frozen hash browns you can extend for 2-3 minutes.
Comparatively, air fryer fresh hash browns cook time is more than the frozen hash browns.
You can cook frozen hash browns during your busy days or for a quick breakfast.
What is the secret to crispy hash browns?
The secret to crispy hash browns is simple please follow these steps for the best air fryer hash browns.
- Shred the potatoes and make sure that they are in uniform strands. This process avoids uneven cooking.
- Soak the potatoes for 20 minutes not just rinse them. Soaking helps to release starch. This helps to make your hash browns crispier.
- Squeeze and toss them around 2-3 times. If you drain all the excess moisture from the shredded potatoes your hash browns will turn out crispy. If you skip this process, you’ll be eating soggy hash browns.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place your hash browns in the air fryer basket and spray a thin layer of oil, that prevents sticking hash browns.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes if you have air fryer hash browns shredded fresh, and cook for 8-10 minutes if you have air fryer hash browns shredded frozen. And flip and break up halfway through cooking.
- For that extra crispy air fryer, hash browns extend the time for 3-5 minutes.
Air fryer hash browns
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: American
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: 1
- 1 bag frozen hash browns
- Olive oil/ spray oil
Preheat your air fryer at 200C/400F degrees.
Put the hash brown into the air fryer basket in one single layer.
Cook them for 8-10 minutes and flip over halfway through the cooking process.
Finally, serve your hot and crispy frozen hash browns with your favorite dipping sauce.