Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes made with homemade Salt-free Cajun seasoning is one of the best easy air fryer meals that you can make in a cinch. You’ll love the slightly browned smoked sausage and the tender potatoes with slightly crispy outer skin.
Air Fryer Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
If you love easy air fryer dinner recipes that you’ll surely love this air fryer sausage potatoes and onion recipe. Add heat with cayenne and make it spicy or go for a milder version. Our homemade Cajun seasoning is mildly spicy, it stores very well, and elevates the flavor of this one pot dinner!
You can pick any smoked sausage of your choice like Cajun, Creole or Kielbasa. And pick either baby gold potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes for your potatoes and sausage in air fryer.
How to store
Fridge: Sausage and potatoes air fryer recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Use air tight containers to store it.
Freezer: Air fryer potatoes and sausage can be frozen for upto 3 months in individual portion size freezer safe bags or containers. Thaw them overnight in the fridge before reheating.Print
Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 14 ounce Smoked Sausage (**I used Andouille sausage diced into ½ inch thick slices. Read NOTES below.)
- 1 pound Potatoes (**Unpeeled yukon gold Potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes about ½ inch thick. Read NOTES below.)
- 1 medium onion (**yellow onion diced into ½ inch large chunks.)
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt (to taste) (**add according to your own personal taste preference.)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (**use extra light or light olive oil.)
- cooking oil spray (**to coat the air fryer basket.)
Prep sausage, potatoes and Onion
Dice the unpeeled Yukon gold potatoes into 1 inch cubes about ½ inch thick. Rinse them under running tap water to rinse out the starch, drain them well using a colander or strainer. Transfer them into a large bowl. Now, adice the smoked sausage into ½ inch thick slices, set them aside. Dice the onion into large chunks about ½ inch and separate the petals. Set them aside.
Add the homemade salt free cajun seasoning, salt according to your own personal taste preference and oilive oil into the potatoes. Toss to coat them well with the help of a spatula. Add the diced onion and mix everything well.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 390 F. Coat the pre-heated air fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Transfer the seasoned potatoes and onion into the air fryer basket. Spread them into a single layer with the help of your sptaula. It’s ok if a few pieces stack on top of each other. Now, air fry for 15 mins at 390 F shaking the basket every 5 mins.
- Once, the 15 mins cooking cycle is over. Transfer the sliced sausages into the air fryer basket. Spread them into a single layer on top of the potatoes with the help of a spatula. Air fry for 5 mins at 390 F. Serve the air fryer sausage and potatoes immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Uniform Cooking: Do not forget to shake the air fryer basket a few times to ensure uniform cooking. This is important.
- Best Sausage: Use fully cooked smoked sausage. You can use any smoked sausage as per your liking. We love Kielbasa, andouille, creole and Cajun spiced smoked sausages. This recipe won’t work for uncooked unsmoked sausages like Italian sausage.
- Best Potatoes: Unpeeled Yukon gold Potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes about ½ inch thick. You can peel them if you want to. You can also sub the gold potatoes with same size red potatoes or halved baby gold or red potatoes potatoes.
Keywords: air fryer sausage and potatoes, air fryer smoked sausage and potatoes, potatoes and sausage in air fryer, sausage and potatoes in air fryer