Air fryer whole fish is a great alternative to deep frying. It’s also healthier and easier to make, plus it gives the fish a delicious golden crust! This recipe for cooking a whole fish in the air fryer is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and simple dish that will impress their dinner guests.
Air Fryer Whole Fish
With summer coming full speed ahead, my family and I have been on a huge seafood kick! It’s truly the perfect time to feast on all things seafood, especially fish.
Nothing beats eating the fresh catch of the day!
I normally like to visit the seafood market and pick up a few fillets of fish and have them on hand to cook in different dishes.
On my last visit, I picked up a few whole branzinos and decide to try and make them in the air fryer. They turned out amazing!
If you have been looking for a whole fish air fryer recipe, then this post is for you! Today, I’ll be showing you how to air fry the perfect whole fish in your own kitchen.
I know cooking a whole fish can seem intimidating, but it actually only takes about 30 minutes and does not require any oil or butter!
All you need to make this recipe is:
- 2 whole branzino fillets
- Salt and pepper
How To Cook A Whole Fish In The Air Fryer
Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Season the whole fish with salt and pepper (or whatever seasoning you like- I recommend old bay!) all over and also inside the fish cavity.
Place the whole fish in the air fryer.
Cook the whole fish as is in the air fryer at 400F for 25 minutes (or until the internal temperature of the fish is at least 145F).
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This recipe only makes 2 whole fish at a time.
- If you are not a fan of branzino, consider swapping it out for red snapper or rainbow trout.`
Air Fryer Whole Fish Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs whole fish I used branzino
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the whole fish with salt and pepper all over and also inside the fish cavity.
- Put whole fish in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook whole fish in the air fryer at 400F for 25 minutes (or until internal temperature of the fish is at least 145F).