Juicy chicken breasts are stuffed with a broccoli and cheese mixture and air fried until perfection! These Air Fryer stuffed chicken breasts are so flavorful, easy, and done in 15 minutes.
These Air fryer stuffed chicken breasts with broccoli and cheese is a great way to make the chicken breasts a little more interesting. Chicken breasts are butterflied and stuffed with broccoli, cream cheese, and a shredded cheese mixture. The result is a dish that’s full of flavor with cheesy goodness.
This chicken recipe is so simple to make with a few ingredients. Vary the type of cheese or swap the broccoli for spinach to make this dish suit your tastes or what you have on hand.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Low-carb and keto-friendly healthy recipe
- Well seasoned, flavorful and so delicious
- Cooks in 15 to 20 minutes
- Easy weeknight meal or dinner
Ingredients and Notes
- Chicken Breasts – use skinless, boneless chicken breast. It needs to be large enough to cut deep pockets and stuff the filling inside.
- Olive oil – avocado oil or any cooking oil can be used.
- Broccoli – finely chopped broccoli or use a leafy green like spinach. I like to microwave the broccoli for one minute to partially cook them before stuffing.
- Cream Cheese – this is the base for the filling. Soften the cream cheese at room temperature or in the microwave.
- Shredded Cheese – I used a mix of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Any melty cheese like Colby Jack, Monterey would work. Or you can use all mozzarella cheese.
- Seasoning – Ranch seasoning is used for the filling. As for the seasoning of the chicken breasts, I used a mix of paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Slightly flatten each breast with a mallet. Butterfly the chicken breast with a sharp knife.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt with oil and rub on the outside of the chicken breast.
STEP THREE: In another bowl, mix the chopped broccoli with softened cream cheese, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning.
STEP FOUR: Stuff each chicken breast with the broccoli cream cheese mixture.
STEP FIVE: Seal the chicken breast with toothpicks so the filling won’t spill out. Some melted cheese with the filling will ooze out but this is to be expected.
STEP SIX: Preheat Air fryer to 375˚F. Place the stuffed chicken breast in the Air fryer and air fry for 15 minutes.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP SEVEN: Check the doneness of the chicken breast with an instant-read thermometer. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temp of 165˚F.
Carefully remove the stuffed chicken breast from the Air fryer and serve warm with a side dish.Print
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded cheese cheddar and mozzarella
- ¾ teaspoon ranch seasoning
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Slightly flatten each breast with a mallet. Butterfly the chicken breast with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt with oil and rub on the outside of the chicken breast.
- In another bowl, mix the chopped broccoli with softened cream cheese, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning.
Stuff each chicken breast with the broccoli cheese filling. Seal the chicken breast with toothpicks so the filling won’t spill out. Some melted cheese will ooze out during cooking but it’s normal.
Preheat Air fryer to 375˚F. Place the stuffed chicken breast in the Air fryer and air fry for 15 minutes. Check the doneness using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165˚F.
Carefully remove the chicken from the Air fryer and serve with a side dish.
- To cook frozen stuffed chicken, Air fry at 380˚F for 20 minutes or more.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat in the Air fryer until warm through.
- Freeze raw stuffed chicken breast individually wrapped in a cling film in the freezer for 3 months.
- To freeze cooked chicken breast, place them in a freezer bag and freeze for 3 months.