– 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 3 strips bacon
– 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
– 1 egg
– 1 ¼ – 1 ½ cups Italian bread crumbs
– Oil for frying
– Salt and Pepper
– Ranch or Honey Mustard for dipping
1. Take potatoes out of the fridge and let sit for a few minutes to take the chill off a bit. Meanwhile shred the cheese, chop scallions, and cook bacon then dice finely. Add potatoes and flour to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine well, then add cheese, bacon, and scallions. Take about a heaping tablespoon of mixture and roll with hands into a small ball. It if doesn’t hold its shape, add a little more flour to make the potatoes sturdy. Repeat until done.
2. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan – or use your fryer – over medium/medium high heat to about 350-375 degrees. Whisk egg into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in an additional bowl. Dip each ball in egg and then roll in bread crumbs until fully coated. Set aside on a sheet pan.
For The Full Recipe & List Of Ingredients Please Go To Next Page (>)…