This pigs in a blanket air fryer recipe is a delicious appetizer that is so quick and easy to make. Flaky croissants wrapped around little smokies are the ultimate game day and party food snack. A classic favorite everyone devours when they’re made.
Pigs in a blanket is one of the most classic appetizer recipes you’ll ever find. We’ve all had them because they’re always at every party, potluck, or holiday gathering. They’re a staple appetizer at any gathering. I think that’s thanks to both their flavor and their ease. They couldn’t be simpler to make. Well, actually they could when you make them in the air fryer.
I was in love with the air fryer from the first time I used it. It just cooks everything so perfectly and so fast. From pre-made frozen meals to homemade desserts, you can cook anything in them. That’s why I use it so much. One of my favorite things to make in it is these pigs in a blanket. They cook up perfectly golden every time, and they do it in a fraction of the time!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
This recipe has become my go-to whenever I need to bring anything to a gathering. I’ll also make up a batch of them to have on hand just for snacking, as well. They’re so quick and easy, I find myself making them whenever I get a craving. Hey, when something is as delicious as these little bites, you don’t really need much of an excuse to make them. Mini beef sausages (I prefer Lit’l Smokies) are wrapped in crescent roll dough and then cooked to golden brown perfection, with every bite exploding with flavor. What’s not to love?
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
- It only takes two simple ingredients to make them.
- They are incredibly easy to make, requiring very little prep work and only a few minutes in the air fryer.
- EVERYONE loves pigs in a blanket!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket Tips and Variations
Even though this recipe is super easy, I do have a couple of tips to help you make them the best that they can possibly be. I also have some fun variations, too.
- Always preheat your air fryer for proper cooking. It’s a myth that air fryers don’t need to be preheated.
- Always spray or grease your air fryer basket to prevent sticking
- Leave a little space between your pigs in a blanket so they cook properly.
- Be sure to lightly spray the pigs in a blanket with cooking spray after placing them in the air fryer so they get perfectly golden brown.
- Don’t forget to turn your pigs in a blanket over halfway through cooking so both sides brown evenly.
- Cut the crescent roll triangles into 3 long, equal-sized strips so you can wrap them around the sausage more than once.
Pigs in a Blanket Air Fryer Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounce container refrigerated Pillsbury® original crescent rolls
- 12 ounce package beef lit’l smokies, Hillshire Farms
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer basket and lightly spray with a cooking spray, like extra virgin olive oil spray (can just spray the basket if you do not have parchment paper).
On a clean surface, cut each triangle into 3 long strips. Repeat with the remaining crescent dough.
Place a little smokie at the wider end of each strip and roll up.
Place 12 at a time into the basket. Lightly spray the tops of the crescents.
Cook at 330° for 8 minutes, turning over halfway through.
Carefully remove and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Please note that these values can change with different brands and any modifications made to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements.