Air fryer muffins come out moist and fluffy every time!
Perfect as a grab-and-go breakfast food, at a brunch, as an afterschool snack, or even as a dessert, these banana muffins are easy to make and taste absolutely delicious.
No need to turn on the convection oven on busy mornings, just whip up these muffins in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Banana Muffins
- One of the most surprising uses for air fryers is to make baked goods such as muffins.
- This recipe for banana muffins gives them a toasty exterior with a moist and fluffy interior texture.
- This is an excellent recipe for using up over-ripe bananas that no one else wants.
- Sneak in healthy ingredients like shredded zucchini, chia seeds, or flax meal without compromising the sweet flavor of the bananas.
- Make batches of air fryer muffins to share or freeze for later!
Ingredients and Variations
Batter – For extra moist muffins, add a couple of teaspoons of shredded zucchini or a tablespoon of yogurt or applesauce.
Add-Ins – Add in vanilla extract, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, cherries, or nuts such as pecans or walnuts! Or turn these into air fryer blueberry muffins by tossing in some blueberries.
How to Make Air Fryer Banana Muffins
Using the air fryer, you can bake muffins so quickly!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together (as per the recipe below).
- Cream the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop muffin batter into the silicone cups and air fry muffins until a toothpick comes out clean.
Air Fryer Banana Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter melted
Preheat the air fryer to 325°F.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Mix the mashed banana, melted butter, and egg in a second bowl. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Place silicone muffin cups in the air fryer basket. You may need to do more than one batch depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups until ⅔ full and cook for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 5 days. They can also be frozen and will keep in the freezer for 3 months.