Experience the ease of cooking a frozen jacket potato in an air fryer. The result is perfectly crisp, fluffy jacket potatoes.
Add your favourite toppings and enjoy a tasty lunch or small dinner.
How To Cook Frozen Jacket Potatoes in an Air Fryer
I usually make air fryer baked potatoes from fresh potatoes, not frozen, so I wasn’t sure how good these would taste.
The result? Surprisingly tasty! I’m not sure if it was because they were McCain frozen jacket potatoes, but either way, they scored high on the authentic baked potato test!
I cooked these in a Cosori air fryer, but frozen jacket potatoes can be made in any air fryer model.
I cooked four frozen jacket potatoes at once; you can cook more or less depending on the size of your air fryer.
What You Need
The main ingredient is, of course, frozen jacket potatoes. I used McCain jacket potatoes here, but feel free to choose any brand.
McCain frozen jacket potatoes are already pre-oven baked and offer a convenient, fuss-free option.
As for toppings, traditional options include a dollop of butter, grated cheese, baked beans, or chilli con carne. For a bit of a change, why not try sour cream and chives, tuna mayo, or even guacamole for a Mexican-inspired twist?
Let’s get to air frying. Start by placing your frozen jacket potatoes directly into the air fryer basket. Set your air fryer to 200°C and let them cook for 25 minutes.
The hot circulating air of the air fryer ensures the skin gets beautifully crisp while the inside stays soft and fluffy.
About three minutes before the end of the cooking time, optionally add a cube of butter to each potato. This will melt into the potatoes, adding a rich, buttery flavour that’s irresistible.
If you’re a cheese lover, now’s your moment
Remove the air fryer basket, and add your preferred amount of grated cheese to each potato, pressing it in so it doesn’t fly away.
Return the basket to the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.Print
Air Fryer Frozen Jacket Potato
Always have a tasty meal option available with these simple to make air fryer frozen jacket potatoes!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 20 minute
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: British
- 4 frozen jacket potatoes
- Place as many jacket potatoes in the air fryer basket as required.
- Set the air fryer off at 200°C for 20 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the baking potato – the ones that came in my McCain Frozen Potatoes packet varied in size. The smaller ones took 20 minutes, whereas the larger ones took a few more minutes. The potatoes should be soft all the way through – you can insert with a sharp knife or skewer to test.
- If you are adding cheese, you can add this a few minutes before the end of the cooking time so that the air fryer can melt it into the jacket potatoes. Push the cheese well into the potatoes so it doesn’t fly about in the air fryer.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer and serve with your favourite toppings.