Easy 2-Ingredient Flatbread Recipe – easy soft flatbread made with self-rising flour, natural sour cream and no yeast. Perfect for wraps, in place of pizza dough or dipped in curry.
The magical 2-ingredient dough is not at all new, however recently it’s gaining popularity. It’s easy, does not require any raising time since there is no yeast involved, it’s versatile and the final result is soft and delicious! You can use it to make bagels, pizza, pretzels, dinner rolls, flatbread, and pita bread. It is a mix of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. I don’t usually have self-rising flour on hand so I made my own mix. I also know that natural sour cream has a similar texture and consistency as Greek yogurt and it is perfect for this recipe.
- self-rising flour OR all-purpose flour and baking powder
- Greek yogurt OR natural sour cream
What is Flatbread?
Flatbread is an unleavened bread, made without yeast. It is usually thin and crispy, perfect for breaking into pieces and dipping in curry or used for wraps with gyros meat or shawarma meat.
How to make 2-Ingredient Flatbread?
- To make this soft and pliable flatbread, measure out flour, baking powder and salt and combine in a large mixing bowl.
- Add natural sour cream and stir together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Form into a ball.
- Place on a floured surface and let rest for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, grease a cast iron skillet and set over medium to medium-high heat.
- Form the dough into a log and cut into 8 pieces. Start in the middle of the dough log and cut each half into two until you have 8 pieces.
- Form each piece of dough into a ball, flatten gently on a floured surface and roll out into a thin circle.
- Carefully, place the rolled out dough onto the preheated skillet and fry on each side for about 2 minutes OR until it is golden and golden brown spots form on the surface.
2 Ingredient Flatbread
Easy soft flatbread made with self-rising flour, natural sour cream and no yeast. Perfect for wraps, in place of pizza dough or dipped in curry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- 3 cups all-purpose flour see note if using self-rising flour
- 3 and ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ cups natural sour cream or Greek yogurt
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
Add natural sour cream and stir with a wooden spoon.
Form the dough into a ball. Place on a floured surface. Let rest for 20 minutes.
Next, form the dough into a log and slice in half. Slice each half into two and keep going until you have 8 pieces.
Form each dough piece into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin into a thin circle.
Grease a cast iron 11-inch skillet. Preheat oven medium to medium-high heat.
Carefully, place each piece in skillet and fry on each side for 2 minutes OR until it is golden and golden brown spots appear on the surface.
Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
Store cooled flatbread in a ziploc bag to prevent drying. Serve with curry and rice, as a mini pizza dough or in wraps with gyros or shawarma meat.