These crispy, toasted Air Fryer Ravioli are an Italian restaurant favorite that’s easy to make at home. Skip the deep fryer and make this healthy version with less oil. They’re insanely delicious and make a great party food or appetizer.
Ingredients and Notes
- Ravioli – I used premade fresh spinach and cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section in my grocery store. Choose ravioli with any filling you prefer. You can use frozen ravioli too.
- Bread crumbs – I prefer to use normal instead of panko breadcrumbs. If you use seasoned or Italian breadcrumbs omit the seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese – fresh parmesan cheese grated or bottled should work.
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Air Fryer Ravioli
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. In a medium bowl, add bread crumbs parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and mix until combined.
STEP TWO: Make a breading station by placing the bowls of ravioli, eggs, and bread crumb mixture together.
STEP THREE: Dip each ravioli in the egg mixture then the breadcrumbs mix. Make sure the ravioli is fully coated with egg and then the breading.
STEP FOUR: Place the breaded ravioli on a plate and spray with olive oil spray on both sides.
STEP FIVE: Preheat air fryer at 380˚F for 5 minutes. Place the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
STEP SIX: Air fry ravioli for 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown and puffed up. You can flip the ravioli and toast the other side too. But with my air fryer I don’t need to do this.
STEP SEVEN: Transfer the crispy air-fried ravioli to a serving dish and sprinkle with grated parmesan, fresh herbs and serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat – Preheating the air fryer is important if you want to taste like deep-fried ravioli. Since the air fryer is already heated it cooks the food quickly while making it crispy.
- Oil – Just because we don’t deep fry doesn’t mean we skip using oil at all. Oil is needed to make the food crispy and taste good. Spray a light coating of oil on the ravioli.
- Single layer – Make sure you place the ravioli in a single layer and leave some space for the hot air to circulate. Stacking the ravioli together will prevent it from cooking evenly. I had to cook my ravioli in two batches.
Air Fryer Ravioli
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 12 oz fresh ravioli from the refrigerated section
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup marinara sauce
n a bowl, whisk the eggs. In another bowl, add breadcrumbs parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and mix until combined.
Make a breading station by placing the bowls of ravioli, eggs, and breadcrumbs together. Dip each ravioli in the eggs then the breadcrumbs mix.
- Place the breaded ravioli on a plate and spray with olive oil cooking spray on both sides.
- Preheat air fryer at 380˚F for 5 minutes. Place the breaded ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry ravioli for 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
- Transfer the crispy air-fried ravioli to a serving dish and serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Store– leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat– air fry at 380˚F for a few minutes until warm.
Freeze– to prep ahead, place breaded ravioli on a lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag or container and keep them frozen for 3 months.
To cook from frozen – air fry at 380˚F for 7 to 8 minutes.