Not sure what to do with all the seeds after carving pumpkins? Just rinse them off, season with oil and salt, and make these delicious air fryer pumpkin seeds!
One of my favorite ways to get in the Halloween spirit is to carve pumpkins with the family. First of all, we always have a blast. Second, it means I get to make these air fryer pumpkin seeds right after!
If you’ve never tried cooking your own pumpkin seeds, you’re going to be delighted when you see how easy it is. Just rinse and dry, coat with some oil and salt, then let the air fryer do the rest!
How to Make Pumpkin Seeds in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Cut a circle around the stem of your pumpkin. Remove the top and use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds.
STEP TWO: Place the seeds in a colander and wash thoroughly, then lay on a paper towel to dry.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: Meanwhile, place the pumpkin seeds in a small bowl, drizzle the olive oil, and combine with sea salt. Stir until all of the seeds are well-coated.
STEP FIVE: Once the air fryer is preheated, place a piece of parchment paper in the basket.
STEP SIX: Place the seeds on the top of the parchment paper, then air fry for 10 minutes, shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes to ensure even cooking.
STEP SEVEN: Serve and enjoy!Print
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
This Halloween, your favorite thing about carving pumpkins with the family is going to be making air fryer pumpkin seeds afterward! They’re super easy and irresistibly tasty.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Cut a circle around the stem of your pumpkin. Remove the top and use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Wash your seeds off in a colander. Lay your seeds on a paper towel and dry the seeds off.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. This takes my air fryer 4 minutes. While it is preheating, place your pumpkin seeds in a small bowl and drizzle the olive oil and combine with sea salt. Stir them till they are all coated in oil and salt.
- When your basket is preheated, place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Put the seeds on the top of the parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes, to make sure they are evenly toasting.
- Serve and enjoy!