Whether you’re impressing dinner guests or curating your holiday menu, air fryer stuffed mushrooms are perfect for any occasion! Ready in under 40 minutes with just 6 ingredients.
Looking for an easy way to impress dinner guests or wow your family? These air fryer stuffed mushrooms are so savory and delicious, no one would ever guess they took less than 40 minutes and only 6 ingredients to make!
The flavorful Italian sausage filling gets a nutritious boost from the chopped spinach while the tomatoes add just the right amount of tang.
Add a little Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and you’ve got a craveworthy dish that will have everyone reaching for more!
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
STEP ONE: Brown the Italian sausage over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Drain any remaining grease and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Measure 2 cups of loose spinach in a measuring cup, then chop. Next, chop the tomato, removing as many seeds as possible as you go.
STEP THREE: Wash the mushroom caps and remove the stems.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl, combine the sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Use a spoon to stuff each mushroom cap until it is heaping full.
STEP FIVE: Working in two batches, place the stuffed mushroom caps in the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees F for 4 minutes for smaller caps or 5 minutes for larger caps.
STEP SIX: Top the mushrooms with the shredded mozzarella, then continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Allow the mushrooms to cool slightly before serving.Print
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
You only need 6 ingredients and about 40 minutes to whip up these irresistible air fryer stuffed mushrooms! The Italian sausage and cheese makes them hearty and filling.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces of Italian ground sausage
- 16 ounces of baby portabella mushroom caps
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Brown your Italian sausage over medium-high heat on the stove top. Drain any remaining grease. Set it aside.
- Chop your tomatoes and spinach. See notes below.
- Wash your mushroom caps and remove the stems.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Combine the sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Using a spoon, stuff each mushroom cap till it is heaping full.
- You will have to cook two batches of mushrooms, so pair your larger ones in one batch and smaller ones in another to help them cook evenly. Place them in your air fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees: For the larger mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes. Then remove the mushrooms and top them with the shredded mozzarella. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes. For the smaller mushroom caps, cook at 370 for 4 minutes, remove from the air fryer and top with the shredded cheese and cook for another 3 minutes. Allow them to slightly cool and serve.